CPPD Study day: Academic practice
Prepare and develop your study skills with this course. Invaluable if you haven’t undertaken academic study in the past five years, it will build your confidence in literature searching, reviewing and writing skills. The course includes an open learning package to be completed before attendance of the second session. You will also write a short essay on which feedback will be provided and a certificate of attendance/completion awarded.
Who is this study day for? Health and social care practitioners considering diploma, degree or continuing professional education, or those wishing to undertake study activity for PREP.
This course will help you to:
- improve time management skills
- learn how to structure essays and written assignments
- improve written English
- use the library more effectively, improve reading skills, find literature and practice writing references
- understand more about reflective practice and how to write reflectively.
Course code: CD0032N
- 9, 23 Jan, 6 Feb 2013
- 26 Mar, 9, 23 Apr 2013
- 26 Jun, 3, 17 Jul 2013
- 7, 21 Jan, 4 Feb 2014
- 20 May, 3, 17 June 2014
Course length: 3 half days, 9am-1.30pm
Fees: Available on application.
Study day leader: Sue Heatley
- Contact the PPD Programme Office who will be happy to help you with any queries.
*Dates may change