Staff profile: Ms Gemma Hurley
Gemma is a registered nurse and registered midwife. She joined Kingston & St George's as a senior lecturer-practitioner in 2006.
Her concurrent clinical work as a nurse practitioner involves clinical assessment, diagnostic reasoning and management of a wide range of presenting illnesses in walk-in centres and general practice.
Within the School of Nursing she currently leads or co-leads a number of modules including Clinical Reasoning In Physical Assessment, Work Based Learning For Long Term Conditions and Child And Family Health For Physician Assistant Students. She is also pathway leader for Long Term Conditions and teaches on various additional modules such as Minor Health and Non-Medical Prescribing.
Gemma is a peer reviewer for the journal Primary Health Care and has published clinical articles in journals such as Practice Nursing and Practice Nurse.
Academic and professional qualifications
- MSc Healthcare
- PgCert Education
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered Midwife
- BSc(Hons) Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate in Family Planning
- Certificate in Diabetes Care
- Independent Nurse Prescribing
- Certificate in Mentorship
- 2006 - presentSenior Lecturer/Practitioner
- 2001 - 2006Nurse Practitioner, Wandle Road Surgery
- 2000 - 2001Nurse Practitioner, South West London Community Trust
- 1997 - 2000Practice Nurse / Nurse Practitioner, Sterndale Surgery
- 1996 - 1997Practice Nurse, Bonnyrigg Health Centre
- 1995Practice Nurse / Midwife / Family Planning Nurse, City & East FHSA
- 1994 - 1995Midwife, Edgware General Hospital
- 1993 - 1994Student Midwife, University of Hertfordshire / Edgware General Hospital
- 1991 - 1993Staff Nurse, Surgical Ward, Edgware General Hospital
- 1987 - 1991Student Nurse, Barnet School of Nursing & Midwifery