Paramedic science courses
Our paramedic science courses are developed in partnership with ambulance service employers and awarded by St George's, University of London. They are designed to:
- enable students to achieve their potential and be competitive in the workplace
- provide opportunities for progression to an honours degree
- use the latest education technologies to deliver teaching and learning
- offer flexibility to study effectively around personal commitments.
How you will learn
We offer a range of innovative and flexible approaches to teaching and learning including case-based learning, self-directed learning and group work, as well as classroom based teaching.
- Read more about our award winning Second Life initiative that trains paramedics in a virtual world
- View an example of a paramedic virtual scenario in Second Life
You will also benefit from the support of a personal tutor, peer group learning and a range of web-based resources and online discussion forums.
Paramedic Science Foundation Degree/BSc(Hons)
- View course details online on the St George's, University of London website
- Graduate and diplomate healthcare professionals, graduates with healthcare experience and IHCD Ambulance Technicians may be considered for an accelerated Paramedic Science Foundation Degree/BSc(Hons). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Accelerated In-Service Foundation Degree
Post-qualifying courses for healthcare professionals
Healthcare Practice MSc/PgDip/PgCert
- New for September 2013, this part-time flexible course offers a range of modules from across our postgraduate programmes in health and social care sciences, enabling you to tailor your study to key areas of interest.
- Nine specialist routes: Acute care pathways (cardiac care, intensive care, acute medicine), advanced practice, advanced practice (clinical cancer care), cancer care, maternal and child health, psychosocial interventions and community/integrated care.
- View course details online on the St George’s, University of London website
Workforce development (CPPD)
As well as undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, we offer a variety of continuing personal and professional development opportunities for the qualified healthcare practitioner. These include a wide range of study days and short courses/modules, allowing you to target and tailor your learning and development in the most appropriate areas for your work.
- To find out more visit Workforce development (CPPD).