Paramedic science courses
Our paramedic science courses are developed in partnership with ambulance service employers and awarded by St George's, University of London. They are designed to:
- enable students to achieve their potential and be competitive in the workplace
- provide opportunities for progression to an honours degree
- use the latest education technologies to deliver teaching and learning
- offer flexibility to study effectively around personal commitments.
How you will learn
We offer a range of innovative and flexible approaches to teaching and learning including case-based learning, self-directed learning and group work, as well as classroom based teaching.
- Read more about our award winning Second Life initiative that trains paramedics in a virtual world
- View an example of a paramedic virtual scenario in Second Life
You will also benefit from the support of a personal tutor, peer group learning and a range of web-based resources and online discussion forums.
Paramedic Science Foundation Degree/BSc(Hons)
- Download a paramedic science course brochure (PDF 1,160K)
- View course details online on the St George's, University of London website
- Graduate and diplomate healthcare professionals, graduates with healthcare experience and IHCD Ambulance Technicians may be considered for an accelerated Paramedic Science Foundation Degree/BSc(Hons). Email email@example.com to find out more.
Accelerated In-Service Foundation Degree
Post-qualifying courses for healthcare professionals
Advanced Practice MSc/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate
- The Advanced Practice MSc/PgDip/PgCert will become part of the new MSc Healthcare Practice (subject to validation) starting in September 2013.
- This new programme offers a range of modules from across our postgraduate programmes in health and social care sciences, enabling you to tailor your study to key areas of interest.
- Anticipated generic and specialist clinical routes will be available for example: Advanced Practice; Acute Care; Maternal and Child Health; Psychosocial Interventions and Prescribing.
- Contact Dr Gillian Pedley, Course Director, tel +44 (0)7881 518071, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing personal and professional development (CPPD)
As well as undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, we offer a variety of continuing personal and professional development opportunities for the qualified healthcare practitioner. These include a wide range of study days and short courses/modules, allowing you to target and tailor your learning and development in the most appropriate areas for your work.
- To find out more visit CPPD.
- Download our paramedic science course brochure (PDF 1160K)