Return to Content
This module is an independent learning module that is available to a wide range of practitioners and of particular value to advanced practitioners or those preparing for an advanced practice role. In consultation with the module leader, students will identify a particular topic that is of interest to them or pertinent to their practice or role. This negotiated specified area of practice forms the foundation of the module; students will address each learning outcome in relation to their specified area of practice.
The module learning outcomes and activities are generic and based around the knowledge and skills required in order to be able to effectively function as an advanced practitioner.
Any subject may be negotiated. It is anticipated that specified areas of practice may be related to a particular:
- Imaging or treatment modality e.g. CT, MRI, RNI, US, bracytherapy
- Aspect of practice (clinical or theory bases) e.g. forensic radiography, CT Angiography, financial management, radiobiology
- Aspect of patient care or management, e.g. stroke, wound care, on-treatment review
- Professional concepts e.g. continuing Professional - Development, evidence based practice, team working
- Aspect of practice role such as clinical leadership, research, education, service improvement and development.
Students will be assigned an academic tutor who will provide guidance through a series of tutorials. Students will be expected to complete this module within a period of 6 months.
Within the assessment students are required to complete a series of tasks and address these in the context of their specified area of practice. Guidance is provided through a series of tutorials with the module leader or assigned academic tutor.
Who is the module for:
Radiographers and registered healthcare professionals with a degree/diploma or equivalent in radiography.
Number of credits and level of study:
30 credits at level 7.
Log book/profile and portfolio
Pattern of Delivery:
Course length: 1 briefing day followed by individual one-one tutorials to compliment guided independent study; completion time 24 weeks
*Dates may change
Ms Sherril Spencer (primary)
Please Email Postgraduate Radiography , Who will be happy to help you with any queries.